Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where are Opalite Caravans and JellyBeans Built?
A: Opalite Carvans and Jellybeans are built at Beresfield Newcastle.Q: Do Opalite custom build layouts?
A: In short the answer is no.However, peoples definition on custom building often varies it is best to askabout the changes you would like and we can let you know if it is possible.
Q: What is the warranty period for an Opalite product.
A: 12 Months from when you take delivery.( some items such as microwave, fridges etc have their own manufacturers warrantyand as such for these items warranty periods may vary)
Q: Do Opalite offer the customer choices in Fabric, Floors etcA: At present Opalite offers their customers a choice in Fabric, Leather, Cabinetry, Flooring,Internal wall colour, Decal colour (external).These may change from time to time and may vary with different models and promotions.Q: How easy is it to get your warranty organised?A: Here are a few simple steps to take if you have a warranty issue.
- Have your details ready:
(a) a list of your warranty problems
(b) chassis No (located on your drawbar)
(c) Date of Purchase
- Make contact with Opalite Head Office –
By Telephone: (02) 49643333 (02) 49643333 between 9am – 4.30pm Mon-Fri
By Fax: (02) 49643366
- Opalite will then make an assessment of your list to determine how long you will need
- to allow for the work to be carried out and discuss with you any chargeable items ( if applicable )
- Customers will then be contacted with the first available booking date.Warranty vans are usually
- accepted on Mondays. However we do make exceptions for eg customers passing through on their travels.
- Please advise the office at the time of booking.
Should your circumstances change and you are unable to keep your booking please contact
the office for an alternate booking date.
Insurance: Opalite Caravans is not covered by insurance for any unfortunate mishap with c
ustomer vans left on site for warranty work. Please ensure you have adequate and current insurance before delivery of your van.
Pickup after warranty work:
Customers are required to sign off as acceptance of the work undertaken by Opalite on pickup.
Any work not covered by warranty is payable on pickup.